Sunday, August 19, 2012

Yesterday, I went to Target

Another week has passed here in Hyderabad and I'm still alive.  Independence day was this past Wednesday, so that was holiday which I would have enjoyed a lot had I not been sick to my stomach.  Luckily, that has now passed.

Moving on, yesterday, I went to Target.  Actually, I finally had a chance to make plans to hang out with my friend Bhavani, who was actually my Hindi teacher last time I was here.  Anyway, I went out to her house in Gachibowli and had lunch with Bhavani and her daughter, Tanvi.  Tanvi is so amazing -- 4 years old and speaks 3 languages.  And she's so cute!

Tanvi!

Anyway, we had a yum lunch of lemon rice.  And caught up a bit with what's been happening in general.  And afterwards, we went to Inorbit Mall in Madhupur.  We went to place that looked like Target / Wal-mart called Hyper City.  But even more so than Spar does.  I truly felt "American" in Inorbit Mall.  The first store I saw walking in was LaCoste.  MAC (make-up store) was coming soon.  And the food court (aside from the basic India food stalls) included a mexican place, chinese place, thai place, Baskin Robins, Subway, McDonalds, Quizno's, Pizza Hut and a KFC.  There was also a place I've seen a few times in Hyderabad called "Cream Stone Creamery" -- which is exactly like Cold Stone Creamery.  It was a good day overall though.  And now, I know where I can go to get tacos - super important.

Also, while in Hyper City, I found tuna in a can -- which I had planned to bring to work for lunch.  But actually, turns out that one tuna can costs 165 INR!  Which is like 3 USD.  Ok -- tuna costs less in the US. And, I can get a 6 inch tuna sub from Subway for 125 INR ($2.25)!  Does that make any sense? Nope.  I know.  I also found bacon -- in case I ever need any.  And in case I ever need Louisiana Bloody Mary mix, I found this in Hyper City:
From Louisiana to Hyderabad...Too bad I don't like Bloody Mary's..

I don't think I'll be going to Hyper City any time soon as that place was super expensive...  But I think I'll be hanging out with Bhavani again soon!  We're going to plan a spa-day!  I really need a massage.

Eid is this evening / tomorrow so we have off which is awesome. :)  Yay!  I finally finished booking all of my tickets to and from here back home in October.  Now to work on booking my travel within India. 

Besides my trip back home in October, I should be going to Udaipur with Tanu in November for Diwali!  And maybe Jaisalmer as well.  And I'm thinking Kerala over Christmas?

Also, here's a picture of me looking "dashing":



No comments:

Post a Comment